Thursday, July 10, 2008

Cereal and sleeping through the night

Well, with Jacob being 4 months old now (time surely flies!) we decided to start him on some cereal and fruits. We decided that a little help from Mimi would help us with getting Jacob to eat. So, while we were in Gulf Shores, we started feeding Jacob cereal. After about 2 feedings, he had the hang of it!! YEA! A few days later we started feeding him bananas and he loved those too! He now opens his mouth really well and finishes every bit we have fixed for him!



I love this picture....he has this little smile like he is up to something!

I am convinced that Jacob has an internal alarm clock that wakes him up everynight between 2:30 am and 3:30 am. Oh what Josh and I would do for him to sleep all night! We got back from Gulf Shores Sunday night and decided that would be his first night to sleep in his crib in his room! We set up the monitors and put him to sleep! He seemed to like his own room! Well, little did we know that Monday night, he would sleep through the night for the first time! YEA! I woke up that night about 2:30 am knowing that in the next hour he would wake up to eat. I woke up again at 4:00 am and he was still asleep! He ended up sleeping until a little after 6 am!

Tuesday night he woke up again at 3:30 am and last night he woke up at 4 am, but we think that was because his diaper had leaked. One of my nicknames for him is "pee pee man" because he does that SOOO much! We have been trying different types of diapers in hopes that one will be "more absorbant" while Jacob is sleeping! No luck yet!

But, we are hoping that he is almost to sleeping through the night! We think he likes being in his room, and really likes his crib! My, how he is growing up already!

1 comment:

Ryan and Emily said...

I can't believe how fast he is growing. I'm already looking forward to our next visit. No telling what he will be doing by then. Give him a kiss for me. love you!