
Well, it has been more than a while since we posted! A lot has gone on since then! My sweet sister and brother in law started their own blog, so I figured I should get on the bandwagon! With our little man growing so quickly! It is hard to keep up so maybe this will help!
Here is a little catch up! Jacob Tyler Morris was born on March 1, 2008 at 7:58pm! I was in labor for 24 hours, but despite all of my worries, I was blessed with a great labor and delivery! Dr Bannister was very paitent with me and I am so thankful for that!
The first few days were long and had many ups and downs! Thank goodness my God sent mom was here to help! We were so fortunate to have her help us with not only Jacob and dealing with a newborn, but also help us with the day to day house duties (cleaning, washing the 100 burp cloths we used, cooking and much more!). I cried the day she left! I had such mixed emotions, sad to see her leave, excited to be with Jacob and scared all at the same time!
My 6 weeks maternity leave flew by! I was getting stir crazy about week 4/5. We took a long weekend trip to Birmingham when Jacob was 4 weeks old. He slept the whole way!
I started back to work on Tuesday, April 15th. Josh and I both had Monday off, so we decided to take Jacob to "school" that day for a half day. We not only wanted to get him used to it, but us as well! It would also give us a little time to spend together. We took Jacob in to school and to my surprise, Josh was the one who was upset not me! To say the least, Jacob loves school. We are blessed to have a very sweet lady, Ms. Roberta there who adores Jacob and he adores her! He just smiles when she talks to him! She even came and babysat for us so Josh could take me to dinner for my birthday. I never worry about him at school, but I do miss him dearly during the day and can't wait to see him each afternoon!
Jacob is growing so fast and makes me smile each day! He is a happy guy but from what they tell us at school, he has a temper. We are working on that!
I am excited to share our world here in Memphis with everyone! I promise I will post more often!
Here is a little catch up! Jacob Tyler Morris was born on March 1, 2008 at 7:58pm! I was in labor for 24 hours, but despite all of my worries, I was blessed with a great labor and delivery! Dr Bannister was very paitent with me and I am so thankful for that!
The first few days were long and had many ups and downs! Thank goodness my God sent mom was here to help! We were so fortunate to have her help us with not only Jacob and dealing with a newborn, but also help us with the day to day house duties (cleaning, washing the 100 burp cloths we used, cooking and much more!). I cried the day she left! I had such mixed emotions, sad to see her leave, excited to be with Jacob and scared all at the same time!
My 6 weeks maternity leave flew by! I was getting stir crazy about week 4/5. We took a long weekend trip to Birmingham when Jacob was 4 weeks old. He slept the whole way!
I started back to work on Tuesday, April 15th. Josh and I both had Monday off, so we decided to take Jacob to "school" that day for a half day. We not only wanted to get him used to it, but us as well! It would also give us a little time to spend together. We took Jacob in to school and to my surprise, Josh was the one who was upset not me! To say the least, Jacob loves school. We are blessed to have a very sweet lady, Ms. Roberta there who adores Jacob and he adores her! He just smiles when she talks to him! She even came and babysat for us so Josh could take me to dinner for my birthday. I never worry about him at school, but I do miss him dearly during the day and can't wait to see him each afternoon!
Jacob is growing so fast and makes me smile each day! He is a happy guy but from what they tell us at school, he has a temper. We are working on that!
I am excited to share our world here in Memphis with everyone! I promise I will post more often!


No comments:
Post a Comment