Saturday, July 19, 2008

Why I love mornings

I have always been a morning person. Thank goodness Josh is too. We always feel guilty sleeping in after about 8 am or so. Well, we are glad that Jacob has turned out that way too! Now my mornings are even more special because of our "routine" with Jacob! Here is how it usually goes:
I am usually ready by the time Jacob wakes up. Josh usually goes into his room and gets him. It always brings a smile to my face when I see the two of them together in the morning. Both with their "just woken up" eyes and smiles on their faces. Jacob's smile in the morning makes my whole day! He is so happy and excited for what the day has to come! The three of us usually swap good mornings, etc for a few minutes and then Jacob gets a bath. Here are a few picturesthat we took first thing in the morning:

We started giving him a bath in the morning and he seems to really like it. He got a "big boy" bath tub that he enjoys. We are so glad he likes the water! Jacob and I usually have several "conversations" about the day and how he slept that night while he gets "fresh and clean." For some reason he LOVES being wrapped in his towel! He smiles and laughs and doesn't mind it at all! We think he would stay like that all day if we let him! He talks like crazy on his changing table while we get him dressed for school. Here is a picture of him in his towel (you can tell he loves his fingers right now!):

After that, he gets a bottle and cereal. He is doing really well eating his cereal and fruits! So far we have fed him bananas and peaches. We should have had the camera ready on the peaches. His face was so funny! (We will remember that next time we try something new!) There are some pictures below of him in his highchair. Emily's coworker gave us a smaller one and it is PERFECT for Jacob right now!

After he eats, he plays in his bouncy seat for a little while so I can gather any last minute things for the day. Then it's off to school! I can't tell you how much I enjoy our morning routine. He is so smily and talkative and it just makes my day! I hope that we can continue this as a family as Jacob gets older, as it is such a joy!

No comments: